3 new Calls - one per Arena
ERBFacility has issued 3 new Calls for Short-Term Scientific Missions for Grant Period 3 (1 May 2019 to 30 April 2020).
ERBFacility is seeking applicants for up to 15 new Short-term Scientific Missions, from individuals who would like to play a key part in delivering the objectives of the Action, in relation to putting in place:
- A European Raptor Biomonitoring Scheme (the Analysis Arena)
- A European Raptor Specimen Bank (the Collections Arena)
- A European Raptor Sampling Programme (the Field Arena)
Who are we looking for?
Applicants may have experience in one or more of these arenas, for example in the analysis of contaminants in raptors, the storage of raptor samples in collections, and/or the gathering of raptor samples and related data (e.g. population/reproduction data) from the field.
Missions typically require skills in collating, reviewing and analysing information, and in engaging with contacts across Europe to build on their knowledge and expertise. Applicants will benefit from experienced Host Institutions, and will be involved in work that should lead to technical reports and/or scientific publications and allow them to develop their networks of contacts across Europe. Mission-holders are typically invited to attend Action meetings to present and discuss their work.
Missions are open to applicants with all levels of experience from Masters degree student to doctoral student to postdoctoral researcher to senior researcher to Professor level. Track record will be assessed in relation to level of experience, so that less experienced researchers are not disadvantaged.
Early Career Researchers (up to 8 years experience post-PhD), candidates from participating COST Inclusiveness Target Countries and women are in particular encouraged to apply.
3 Calls for the 3 Arenas
A separate call has been issued for each of the three Arenas:
- Up to 7 STSMs are available in the Analysis Arena (Working Groups 1&2)
- Up to 4 STSMs are available in the Collections Arena (Working Group 3)
- Up to 4 STSMs are available in the Field Arena (Working Group 4)
For full details of the three Calls, and the scientific priorities within each Arena to which applicants are required to respond, please see the full Call texts attached below.
Interested prospective applicants are encouraged to read all three Call texts to consider which scientific priority may be of most interest.
Call deadlines (EXTENDED!)
Applications must be submitted by (all times CEST):
- 23:59 on Sunday 28 July 2019 (Analysis Arena)
- 23:59 on Sunday 28 July 2019 (Collections Arena)
- 23:59 on Sunday 28 July 2019 (Field Arena).
You can download below the three call texts, providing full details of the missions available and how to apply:
- Call text - Analysis Arena
- Call text - Collections Arena
- Call text - Field Arena
You can also download below the template letters to be used for your application:
- template Letter of Support for a STSM (from the applicant's Home Institution)
- template Letter of Interest to Host a STSM (from the applicant's mission host)
You can also download below, for information only at this stage, the STSM User Guide (published by COST), the template Scientific Report to be submitted following the conclusion of a mission, and the template Letter of Acceptance of this report.
Image credit: Stewart Black, British Isles - Flickr, CC BY 2.0