This workshop is convened by Working Group 4 (‘Field Arena’) to help us deliver our work plan and over-arching objectives specified in the COST Action and to assist the Core Group with planning the future deliverables of the Action and the project legacy (see https://erbfacility.eu/).
The specific objectives of this workshop will be:
- To plan the tasks for finalising the ERBF Advice Hub and carry out as much of the writing to complete the sections as possible.
- To complete the ERBF good practice guidance for vultures.
- To discuss and agree the next steps in delivery of the ERBF Proof of Concept study and how to find the resources to deliver the work in a suitable timeframe.
- To ‘brain-storm’ the linkages between the different working groups towards a blue-print for any future ERBF, the deliverables from our COST Action, and to start to plan for the legacy of the project.
The workshop aims to produce the following outputs:
- An updated Advice Hub document that is nearing completion, with a clear plan and timeline for how to complete the drafting (this is in preparation for asking for wider input to the Advice Hub at a wider ERBF workshop in early 2021)
- A near-complete version of the specific good practice guidance for vultures, again with a clear plan and timeframe for completion of the work.
- A clear updated plan and timeline for the Proof of Concept study, solutions to any current constraints on delivery and suggestions to solve resourcing issues.
- A draft planning document on how the 3 parts of the ERBF – the biomonitoring scheme (ERBioMS); the specimen bank (ERSpecB); and the Sampling programme (ERSamP) – with be linked together, and draft ideas for the nature of deliverables that we will produce on this.
- A first set of considerations and suggestions for leaving an appropriate project legacy – how might we sustain our network after the end of the COST Action and move further towards a functional ERBFacility in future?